Indie Montreal is looking for an intern Street Marketing Coordinator! Applicants must be highly motivated, enthusiastic and have very strong interpersonal skills, with an interest in working in or discovering the live music industry. The intern will be immersed in various aspects of the concert and cultural marketing industry for an established Canadian music company. Because Indie Montreal is a small business, the coordinator will complete valued tasks on the company’s front lines. The intern will work on daily duties, medium-term and long-term projects, supervised directly by the Street Marketing Director and indirectly by the Director of Indie Montreal. The intern will also be required on-site for events.
Dates: February 20 to August 21, 2018 (some flexibility in start and end dates)
Hours: 40 hours per week if credited, 20 hours per week otherwise
Location: Work to be done remotely and at the Indie Montreal office during predefined office hours, with ongoing guidance and feedback. To meet with supervisors during weekly staff meetings and daily consults.
Languages: English & French, fluent spoken and written
Assets – Skills, Training & Interests:
· Outgoing, friendly and social personality
· Very advanced interpersonal skills
· Experience managing a team or in human resources an asset
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
· Knowledge of Google Docs and Google Calendar
· Knowledge of and comfort with Facebook, Twitter and other Social Media Websites
· Very Organized with keen attention to detail
· Experience managing volunteers an asset
· Experience with street marketing an asset
· Music-related professional experience an asset
· A general interest in music, arts & culture
· New Client Acquisitions
· Managing relations with current clients
· Responsible for sale of street marketing service
· Administrative tasks related to the street marketing department
· Invoicing and Accounting
· Development of professional tools relevant to the IMTL Street Team
· Flyer and poster inventory management for IMTL and its clients
· Execution of distribution plans for street marketing materials
· Communicating with the street team in its entirety and with certain members individually on behalf of Indie Montreal
· Maintaining social networks relevant to our street team
· Involvement on-site at events
· Valuable leadership, relationship management and team-building experience
· Experience presiding over a group of likeminded volunteers
· Experience with inventory management and volunteer management
· Direct experience with local and regional music industry leaders
· Direct experience working with national and international musical touring acts
· Experience dealing with international music industry professionals, including Agents, Managers, Tour Managers, Record Labels, Publicists, etc.
· The benefit of working alongside IMTL’s other departments, which provide insight into other areas of the artist development business
· Possible occasional regional travel with other Indie Montreal staff
· Free entrance to Indie Montreal events
Indie Montreal will work with any educational institution to ensure that the intern receives any due academic credit for their work and experience.
Those interested are encouraged to apply before, January 15, 2017. Any applications received after this deadline will be reviewed on a weekly basis until the position is filled. Please send your resume and cover letter via email to [Masqué] with the subject line “STREET TEAM COORDINATOR INTERNSHIP”.